Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Glass Dreams" by me :)

Life brings scars, tears, heartbreak, and pain.
Too many breaks create a time of darkness.
I seclude myself in a box of glass;
Content to view the world through a window:
Watching humanity try their hand at love,
Enjoying their ignorant freedom

The day I saw you, I wanted freedom.
I wanted to risk more scars and pain.
I realized I needed your love
To bring light into my homemade darkness;
To shine through my dusty window;
To shatter my home of glass.

I pressed my face against the glass
Yearning for a mobile freedom,
So I could remove my viewing window.
I cared less about the probable pain;
I needed you to free me from this darkness,
To unshackle me with your love.

I tried to remember what it felt like to love,
As I watched you through the glass.
I struggled against the overwhelming darkness.
I believed in the possibility of freedom,
Determined to forget my love-incurred pain.
My breath created fog on the window.

I clung to my dream I saw out the window,
Dusting the cobwebs from my love.
I imagined a life with you without pain
Outside of my world of glass
Filled with the joys of a happy freedom.
I could not imagine any more darkness.

Never again would I live in darkness,
I knew you would see me through my window
Eagerly awaiting my freedom,
Ready to give you my love.
Never again would I live enclosed in glass;
No more would I cry tears of pain.

Agonizing—tears falling with pain; creeping back is the darkness.
My world will forever remain glass; I will always have my window
For you gave her your love; eternally crushing my hopes of freedom.

2 comments:

  1. I love your sestina! The story flows nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite picturesque. An interesting image -- a glass box. Creative. Thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete