Friday, September 2, 2011

Starbucks

Starbucks is America's favorite coffee place. Almost everyone gets their weekly, sometimes daily, coffee fix by ordering a specialty drink with a description that takes five minutes to relate. 

"I'll have a skinny, non-fat, cinnamon dolce latte with no whipped cream, half and half cream, and just a sprinkling of sugar. Shaken."
(my aunt actually ordered something along these lines once. I stood there in awe as she listed off the different qualities her drink should possess.) 
or 
"I'll take a vanilla bean frappuccino with caramel, extra caramel and whipped cream with caramel drizzled over the top."
(my friend orders this, and I'll admit it's very delicious.)

It makes me laugh.

I have to confess: I usually order a veinte iced coffee with milk, sweetened. Nothing super special, but it's a little more complicated than just ordering something off the menu. My other favorite is a caramel frappuccino, but I haven't gotten one in a while.

I usually go to Starbucks when I need to get away from campus to do some much-needed studying, or in today's case, do some much needed writing. Besides, coffee makes everything better.

What do you order at Starbucks?

1 comment: